Saturday, September 08, 2007

Engaged!


Hi Section A,

It’s hard to believe that 3 years have gone by since we all started in Aldrich 7. At that time, I couldn’t have imagined that my experience at HBS would be truly transformational. I have some exciting news to share regarding the biggest part of my transformational experience – Dave Winslow and I are engaged! We are very excited about this new phase in our lives.

It’s been a while since I wrote my last update, but after working in Seattle for 9 months with Amazon.com, I moved back to Tokyo in April to launch one of their new businesses. Dave is still consulting at Parthenon in San Francisco, and since graduation, we’ve been doing the long distance thing.

Last weekend, we were supposed to meet up in Hong Kong for just another long weekend rendezvous, but instead, Dave surprised me with an airport limo pickup, a rock-star room at a gorgeous hotel, and a plate of covered oysters (mmm… my favorite). I was like, wow, this is amazing – but a little weird and unlike Dave. When I made an attempt for the oysters…there was a gorgeous ring lined up among the oysters!!! Dave got down on one knee and proposed in Japanese (well, kind of). It was very sweet and beautiful. Needless to say, we had an amazing long weekend.

Our plans? After I finish my current project with Amazon, I hope to move out to San Francisco early next year to be with Dave and start planning our wedding.

Our time in Section A will always hold a special place in our lives.

Aya

1 comment:

Brian Astl said...

Congrats Dave and Aya!! This is amazing news and I'm so happy for you both!