Monday, June 20, 2011

Hello all,

As Tom mentioned earlier we are trying to re-ignite the Section A blog and thought it would be nice to have each of us give a quick update on (or about...) his/her b-day. Of course everyone is welcome to continue the great updates on exciting news/events and in general (congrats to all the new Sec-A members and good luck to all the soon to be junior ones).

As I just had my b-day, I will be the first to start this new tradition (Soban, I believe you are next - happy bday man!). so below is the fast forward version of the last 5yrs (and yes, i recycled some of the text from the reunion book).

The last five years have been busy and happy. After graduation, we moved to New York, where I spent two years working on Wall Street (and got to experience the MBA partner role, while Keren did hers at Columbia GSB). We then got married and, to fast forward the story, last summer, our son, Eli, arrived to join our family, a very happy time (and a very cute little man)!















For the last three years, I’ve been doing private-equity at Tigris Financial, appreciating the bull market in precious metals, looking at early-stage companies, working closely with management teams, and having a great experience in general, making investments, growing companies and helping them progress up the value chain.

Keren is enjoying the art world at Christie’s, where she is the business director for postwar and contemporary art. We are still in New York, enjoying life on the Upper West Side and loving parenthood.

Over the last five years, we got to see many HBS-ers around the US and globally, from bachelor parties to weddings to business trips, and vacations with great friends. And, of course, the New York crowd and many visitors who have passed through the city; if you’re ever around, let me know! Our guest room is now occupied by a smiley young boy, but we still serve brunch, just a bit earlier than in the past...

I hope everyone is doing well. It was great seeing and catching up with many of you on campus.

All the best,

Guy


5yr reunion gala evening - A Team rocks the house

No comments: