Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Advice for dealing with a 1 year old

I'll be living in San Francisco this summer, and finding a sublet turned out to be a challenge: lots of details (location, furnishing, start/end date, etc.) and roommates wanted to meet me before committing.

As my start date was approaching, I got desperate and signed on with a family in Bernal Hill (just south of the mission) for the first month. They sound super nice (they're picking me up at the airport!) but they also have 2 daughters: a 1 year old and a 3 year old.

I think I'm over my head on this one. Plus, Marnie thinks that they're nuts for letting a stranger into the house with two young daughters--which sort of worries me in some strange way.

Any advice?

joel

3 comments:

Greg said...

I agree with Marnie- you are totally screwed.

Bowman said...

It is indeed unfortunate...you will either be baby sitting all summer or the victim of some weird crime...not pretty. Good luck though.

Brant Avondet said...

Joel,
You'll have a great time. I would suggest watching some Blue's Clues or other children's shows on PBS before going out there... You also might look to bring them something small (like bubbles for the 1 yr old and something else for the older one... playdough or something). It'll help warm them up to you, but do ask the mom or dad before giving it to them.