Hi everyone - happy belated 4th of July! I missed my
assigned update day because I was traveling, so I guess it
is my own fault that I now have to try to be as clever as
Ro.
I was in Santa Fe, NM for the 4th of July weekend, for our
classmate Peter Morrow's wedding (he's in Section F). It
was gorgeous - great weather, beautiful wedding, golf,
lots of HBS people. Good times. That's the only
traveling I have done so far this summer (except for
attending my 5th reunion from Princeton, which is in the
lovely Garden State and alone justifies its existence),
but I am heading to Chicago next weekend and then to the
West Coast for a few weeks after my internship ends in
August.
I'm working at Morgan Stanley in the Private Wealth
Management division. PWM manages money for clients with
$20M+ in assets, so the internship is focused on exposing
us to what it takes to (1) land a client and (2)
effectively manage his/her money. It's an interesting
combination of sales and investment management, and I am
learning a lot. There are a few other HBS people in my
group, including our very own Kate Kohler.
It's been an....interesting... time to be at Morgan
Stanley. Former CEO Purcell welcomed us summer associates
to the Firm by resigning the day that we started. We then
read about the company on the front page of the Journal
every day for a few weeks, until they reinstated Mack last
Friday, and ordered everyone to have a group hug and get
over it.
I guess that's it... hope to see many of you in NY this
summer!
Deirdre
No comments:
Post a Comment